Wednesday 12 December 2012

Shooting Update 11/12/12 Nitesite NS50

Hi All

Its been a while since my last post but things have been a bit busy at home, well as said in my previous update my trusty old Air ArmsTDR is now up and running and after firing probably 300 pellets through it the "internals" have now settled down.

OK so the beginning of this week saw me buying a new Nightvision Unit after reading the reviews it seemed like a good thing to do, its called a "Nitesite NS50" click on the photo below for a reveiw

                                                http://www.nitesite.co.uk/products.html

Nitesite NS50
Well after charging the battery we set off for our local permission "Ratopia" three easy steps to set up

1) Attach the camera to my day scope
2) Attach The screen to the top of my scope
3) plug in the connecting wires

and away we go,we decided this evening to try and put down some yoghurt as bait it has worked well in the past and as it was out of date by a couple of days which only made it a bit better,a quick scan with the Nitetsite saw them familiar "headlights" of the scaley tails little beady eyes poking out from under the duck shed door,approx. 30 yds from where I was sitting but this first shot hit home exactly where the cross hair was placed one less scaly to cause damage, the Nitesite worked flawlessly the field of vision was excellent covering a large area the on board IR was more than capable with only the low settings used even at the distance I was shooting which was between 15 and 30 yds,

Between myself and my mate we accounted for 10 scaly tails but my first impression of using the Nitesite  was it is an excellent tool in Pest Control and at a cost of £399 is reasonable for a unit of this quality for further information please click on the link above

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, we have missed you in blogland. The NS50 looks like a cracking bit of kit. Cant wait to see your kill streak videos.

    ReplyDelete