Saturday 11 February 2012

Camcorder Shooting Recording Update 9/2/12

My night didn't start well as when I arrived at my Rat Shoot and unloaded the "Kit" one of my two batteries for the Sony that were fully charged on leaving was completely discharged probably due to it being accidentally switched on when I closed the lid of my carry case,down to one battery we started to zero in, Ok down to business,I had made up a "Steady Rest" out of a camera tripod and set about scanning an area where they normally come out to play,bit of cat food put inside a bird feeder cage to stop them running off with the bait it wasn't long before them shiny little eyes were poking out from under the duck shed door and a single shot from my AA .177 laid him to rest, lasered the distance at 27 yds.


I was very pleased with the quality of the recording as a first proper trial but I now need to change the automatic focus to manual and also sort out a better more secure mount for the laser,I have posted some pictures below showing how the camcorder was mounted to the scope and also the finished product.


First photo shows how the camcorder fits to the scope,I have used a 30mm-52mm step up ring that screws onto the front of the camcorder lens,then I have used an camera adapter tube from an Olympus camera that screws onto the step up ring,then cut strips of rubber from an old cycle inner tube and slid these over the end of the scope eye piece,then pushed the adapter tube over the rubber for a tight fit.




This photograph shows the camcorder set in place on the gun and also fixed to the front of the scope is a Dipol laser for added illumination

Have a look at my Video page for updated tests using the camcorder Night Vision Set up

No comments:

Post a Comment