Saturday 18 February 2012

Update Nelson Farm 16/2/12

Just a quick update on our nights shooting last Thursday 16th February 2012,myself and my son who has accompanied me for the last two weeks arrived at the farm usual time 7.0 pm,unloaded and zeroed in the guns the one I was using an Air Arms TDR in .22 cal topped with my Sony DCR-SR32E Camcorder with Nightshot Mode and a Dipol Laser for added illumination took a little longer due to the focus on the Camcorder was awkward to set.

Now all set we took up our positions Shaun (my son) went to an area on the top yard and set up looking at some containers and old drainage channels,I stayed on the bottom yard covering the stables and duck sheds,it wasn't very long before the familiar sounds of rats squeaking came a bit closer to,an area we had baited earlier with crushed biscuit inside the stables had attracted "Mr Rat" my first shot had killed him outright we measured the distance and it was 22 yds not a bad shot considering it was done by looking through a camcorder screen, Shaun's night was even better than mine as all I could hear is his pellets thumping into "Mr Rat",the final count at the end of a three hour shoot was ten,Shaun had shot eight and I had two mine were recorded on the camcorder, have a look at my Video Page and see what you think.   

No comments:

Post a Comment