Friday 24 February 2012

Update Nelson Farm 23/2/12

Ok,a quick update on last nights shooting,arrived at the farm a bit later all ready to go,slight problem the farmer had delivered a load of sawdust and had dumped it right in front of the access gate to the barn we normally parked the Freelander in,now parked outside on the yard we set about zeroing in our scopes,I was still using the Air Arms S410 in .177 cal with the Sony camcorder with Nightshot and Dipol Laser fixed to my SWAT Scope,Shaun my son was using my other dedicated nightvision set up with my Air Arms TDR in .22 cal topped with a Yukon Sentinel Pulsar dedicated scope,I also took along my new purchase A Bushnell Trophy Stealth Camera, have a look at the results on the Video Page under Nelson Bushnell 1.

We Zeroed the scopes to a distance of fifteen yards as that's the distance the new rat runs were,put down a small amount of bait Crushed Biscuit that seems to work well,well after a very slow start they started to feed on the bait but were a bit wary,so the shots were few and far between for a while,after three hours I managed to only shoot two probably due to me spending some time altering and playing around with my Camcorder,Shaun shot seven so not a bad couple of hours,an early night it was so home by 11.45 PM.

Just checked our shot count sheet and from September 2011 until 23/2/12 the count shot was now 170

No comments:

Post a Comment